Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: D'ni Sim
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 11:04 am 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
Hi all, I don't know how many people still watch these but if anyone is interested in Play-by-Post roleplaying I have an active D'ni sim (and a few proposals waiting on more interest) on another site: Phoenix Roleplaying.

If anybody is interested in doing some D'ni roleplaying, feel free to sign up and write up a character! (from there you can e-mail me if you have questions, etc.)

Currently we have 3 players plus myself as GM, but there's plenty of room for more players and characters.

D'ni: Infinite Ages - Prison Break

D'ni - Infinite Ages proposals

Characters Thread

~Robert

Post subject: Re: D'ni Sim
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 03:30 pm 

That's a very impressive website. It's hard to believe the entire thing is maintained by four people. Great job!

I like the writing on the site too :D .

The D'ni character Richard would fit right in with the last two ages I wrote. Both ages have story lines that intertwine Navahoe (Native American) heritage with the world of D'ni. If your group is ever on Deep Island, you can dive right into your story line!

Introductory Age: http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/UAM/Ages/RahsooBahrotan

Second Age: R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn - read the journals to learn about Native American culture, it even includes a real cookbook (thanks to Wamduskasapa at the Guild of Writers).

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 04:47 pm 

Well the "4 people" I mentioned was just for that one sim. We have dozens of sims across several genres and we have a much much larger membership than just 4 people, but sadly only 4 people familiar with and interested in playing a D'ni sim. Ironically the person playing Isabella actually knows Rand and Robyn Miller, but she never played the games or read any of the books but they explained to her firsthand about the D'ni and the Myst games when they were first starting up. ...just some random cool stuff... :D

Also Richard isn't D'ni, he's human. But I see what you mean about him fitting in if you have the two cultures intertwined. It'd be cool to see more images for your age. :)

~Robert

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 09:29 pm 

I'm finally getting back to your question.

Regarding pictures of my ages - you can see a few screen shots of the first age I built at this link:
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/47058 ... 600Q85.jpg

Follow this link to see screenshots of the second age I built:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25263

What would probably interest you the most are the journals. The journals in the second age contain the clues to help the players solve the puzzles. They're written from the perspective of Native Americans on a mission in D'ni. Here's a sample of one of them (I picked it because it was short ;) ):

When the four of us left Rahsoo Bahrotan with that weird round-eyes whose name we dare not say, we never thought we would walk with the stars. For it was true, that which he had told us, he who can place words within a book that allow us to journey within those self-same pages. He must truly be of the ancient ones, those of the Blue Star, those whom he calls The D'ni.

Each night that we are gone from our homes, we send the Sacred Smoke to the Seven Sacred Directions to insure our safety, our health, and to ward off the evil that follows us. The Sacred Sage, Cedar and Sweetgrass are sent to the four winds to ward us; above and below to the Great Spirit for our safety; and deep within to heal us.

We have sworn to that ancient one to leave clues for all who follow us, lest we fail in our journey. Find ALL of the animals in each age.

I will leave this journal under the protection of the Old One we call Kangi Tanka (whom the ancient one calls The Raven); he who gave us light and fire, thus losing his beautiful white feathers during that dreadful flight; he who saved our lives during the great flood and lost his wondrous voice; he who has always guarded us from evil will guard this journal.

Written by Wamduskasapa

Dot and friends in the Myst universe on OSGrid have been writing the Devokan Trust stories for a long time. Have you seen the work they've done? It's quite impressive.

You might also be interested in learning some of the D'ni language - here's a link: http://www.eldalamberon.com/dni_dict.htm

It's always nice to meet fellow explorers in the worlds left by the D'ni. I'll enjoy following your storyline.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 09:43 pm 

That's actually the same dictionary I'm already using. :D Thanks anyways!

And you could jump into the storyline too if you wanted. ;) Either way though, hope you enjoy it!

~Robert