Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 01:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 03:22 am 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
Second (or third or fourth ...) thoughts:

Rather than doing boom-bang stuff for 16th Jan, let's use that weekend in supporting explorers coming over to OSgrid instead, perhaps issuing them with their own journals (rather than diaries) for them to use in that world.

The suspense idea can be maintained in the background. In the meantime, all the residents can be preparing their boltholes for whatever.

Is the green goo easy to apply? Probably need to nuke Quin's house and the Keep (both are copy/mod) rather than the lighthouse (which isn't).

This would move the decision date of which way to go towards the end of January, giving a week to kick down the sandcastle if we need to.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 09:29 am 

In case you're wondering, Nalates, the deleted pm was just a suggestion to post after Quin's note on MOUL. I've thought of another way of handling this, so I can link to a beautiful sequence of photos of Channelwood done this last weekend by a non-Uru person (as far as I can tell), who is in the Flickr Devokan group: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rikokoewin ... 14/detail/

(I see M Linden has also added his photo to the group!)

I'll also post reflections on the current sight of Channelwood, now bare of huts, walkways, windmill and wildlife.

But also to add the link to the new chapter photo here (which Al'Kaera in true GoMe spirit has already found!).

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 01:46 pm 

Sorry. I've been sick and dealing with family issues as of late. Anyway, I'm liking the plans so far, as much as it strains me not to tell Artair what's actually going on. xP I was wondering if I should give him a link to GoMa or not, actually.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 02:54 pm 

Sorry to hear of your sickness. I hope you will be feeling well again soon.

Artair won't be able to see this forum. Only those that Nyn or Dot or Nalates (I think) allow can see it.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 02:56 pm 

I'm trying. Definitely tryimg.

Gotcha. *nod*

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 03:10 pm 
Guild Member
Send private message  WWW  Profile

KI Number: 83543
Holli, hope you are better.

I am trying to include you in more of my RP/story. I think you had told me you did not have much RP experience. Don't let that bother you or slow you down. You can react to my RP as suits your character and interpret those events as works for you. In many ways RP is a cooperative chess game. Also once players know each other and have built friendships the teasing starts... "Was that Dot and Quin I saw kissing?" People can wiggle in all sorts of directions handling the teasing and teasing back. One just needs be mindful of other players style, preferences and the nature of their character and avoid hurting feelings. My example is something I might write and send to Dot to ask about before ever posting... it would be teasing and in private so she could go with it or turn it off.

While Artair can't see this section, we do hope to get it moved out to a public location for planing and coordinating stories. I think Dot wanted to wait until we get Channel and Devokan grid moves handled. That limits the input but things are so fluid it is hard to make an open frame for all that is going on. So, a couple of more weeks of closed frame.

Artair can certainly join in the events in Devokan threads.

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451
Support: Devokan Trust - Myst Style Stories Across Worlds
Support: OpenUru.org - Myst/Uru Open Source Resources

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 04:45 pm 

Actually, I'm fairly into RP in general. It was mostly SL-based RP that I'm inexperienced with. :lol: I'm more experienced with forum-based than anything else. I'll be dropping Artair a link to the boards soon. I've linked him to the Devokan thread on MOUL, but I'm not sure if he'll register and post. I've actually only just pulled him into the Myst fandom over this past year and know him originally from another site.

And thanks for trying to include me more. As I'm feeling better, I'll try to up my involvement myself beyond just Recorder.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 09:34 am 

Holli, your role as faithful recorder has been extremely valuable -- the time lapse images work really well as a result. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Artair and Nalates dream up in the future...

(...providing it doesn't include anything like Nalates' rumour -- I don't think Dot or myself could cope -- please be merciful!)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 12:33 pm 
Guild Member
Send private message  WWW  Profile

KI Number: 83543
Quinquifid wrote:
Holli, your role as faithful recorder has been extremely valuable -- the time lapse images work really well as a result. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and Artair and Nalates dream up in the future...

(...providing it doesn't include anything like Nalates' rumour -- I don't think Dot or myself could cope -- please be merciful!)

:lol: :lol: mercy? mercy? we don't need no stinking mercy! :lol: :lol:

You are safe... :)

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451
Support: Devokan Trust - Myst Style Stories Across Worlds
Support: OpenUru.org - Myst/Uru Open Source Resources

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 03:46 am 

I've just read your diary entry, Nalates. Superb!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next