Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 04:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 02:41 pm 
Guild Member
Send private message  WWW  Profile

KI Number: 83543
I think the opening of MOUL:again changes a bunch of our planning.

OS Devokan and Winterfell are still important to me. Connecting the SL/OS and MOUL worlds is what I would like to consider here. We know many of us are now multi-world fans of Uru and other games. I think most will not be giving that up. So it seems it would be good to combine stories and information.

Also, I see the SL/OS worlds as a way for many fans to start building for Uru. Crux Isle has very nice ties to D'ni/Uru. I think we could see fan ages in both the Plasma worlds and OS/SL worlds.

With Ameist (sp sorry) adding the educational worlds... we have ways to link back to SL/OS worlds by use of the HTTP linking. Understanding the tech and getting it worked out on OU and figuring out what we can do is also important.

Ideas and thoughts?

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451
Support: Devokan Trust - Myst Style Stories Across Worlds
Support: OpenUru.org - Myst/Uru Open Source Resources

Last edited by Dot on 23 Feb 2010, 07:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Added OOC tag to title

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 04:58 am 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
I agree. I think I can speak for Dot, Paislee and myself when I say that we all hope to continue to have bases on Winterfell and the New Devokan, as you term it, as well as a home within the Cavern (not that I have ever been there -- only heard about it from others and seen their photographs). I suspect Mat will be too, from what he was saying in earlier discussions.

Holli, Artair -- are you game for this?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 06:59 am 

I spoke to Paislee this morning. She will see if she can set up a Devokan hood for us. She's waiting until the first rush is over.

I'll be Dot Macchi for Devokan purposes; Paislee will be Paislee Myrtle.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 11:58 am 
Guild Member

With a Devokan hood we will have a home base. This will likely be the first time I have not been in the Uru Obsession hood... :|

I am planning on using the Nalates name to keep someone from taking it. But, I'll likely play using Nal.

Until we know what changes we can make in open source I don't know what we may be able to do with hoods. However we can load the viewer with information on how to get to Winterfell and the new Devokan and the purpose of the hood. Also, we will be learning how we can use Cyan content and change ages. There will likely be a GoMa age or server or something in game to relate those things to this forum and testing. In a GoMa age or Camp Bravo it may be possible to add links to Winterfell and eventually Devokan GoMa offices for those working/playing in Hypergrid.

We can add information in Winterfell and Devokan on how to find us in MOULagain.

I was on SL for a long time yesterday as I tried to get a signup email and download. (Ended up it was in Gmail spam) I think the majority of those in SL are of the opinion they are multi-world Myst Fans now and will be keeping their homes in SL and be visiting MOULagain. I think that is very much like immigrants in RL. It gives much of our RP and ARG play a fit to RL.

I expect a Second Life hood of some kind. Granelda suggested SL Refugees... and seemed mortified I liked it :lol: Whatever over the next few days people will do what they do. Once things settle down... we can figure out how to work with them. If we can have 5 av's like last time, that is sort of like having 5 groups... I've posted on OU to see if they will have a hood. JWP should probably be the owner.

I also have heard that Rand was in game to welcome folks back (unconfirmed). It will be interesting to see how Cyan handles the DRC and IC stories this time around. I have an account at DRC but have never posted there. Our IC stories will likely need to participate there to some measure... or not. I can't say I'm thrilled by who I see active there... oh well. But, we can participate with our RP.

I am thinking of creating a thread at OU about who were you in MOUL, who are you now in AGAIN and where ELSE are you coming from and who were you there... I don't know how popular that will be. I think it would be useful, we'll see.

Then I have to figure out how my character will deal with all this.

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 12:30 pm 

I'm assuming that we will be able to have five avies as before. I need three for Dot as it is: One for GoMa, one for TMP, one for Devokan.

I'd suggest that you still have an avie in UO because given the different time zones we belong to, it might be tricky finding people in the same hood otherwise.

We're thinking along similar lines re getting information out. I have also contacted someone to see if they might write a little office Age that would match the one in the keep (or look similar enough).

Yes re links and info in Winterfell and Devokan.

Open Uru does have a hood. I suspect JWP was down there a little earlier than the rest of us ;)

RE the DRC site: there are some friendly faces there -- what about MacFife, MystDee, JWP?

Quote:
I am thinking of creating a thread at OU about who were you in MOUL, who are you now in AGAIN and where ELSE are you coming from and who were you there... I don't know how popular that will be. I think it would be useful, we'll see.

Be careful -- you're getting like Paislee and me, where we often both think of the same thing at the same time. I was thinking of setting up an IC 'Who's Who' thread at OpenUru in the Hypergrid Story section (when it gets opened).

The other thing I was wondering: should we try to get a FCAL for the Devokan multi-world story idea?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 08:14 pm 
Guild Member

The best reason I can think of for having a FCAL is to enable use of names like D'ni, Yeesha, and other Uru specific terms. It would also allow use of the numbers and other symbols.

I wouldn't need any textures from Uru. I only see those needed for those building in the Cavern or Cavern replicas. I expect that to be limited and restricted so unlikely to be needed. I don't see a need for Cayn textures in Paislee or your builds. But, if you think it would help you... certainly go for textures too.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 09:20 am 

Paislee and I were talking the other evening, and I agreed to set up the Devokan hood on behalf of all of us.

I finally managed to get in this morning, and the first thing I did was make an avatar for Devokan. Unfortunately, I then had to log out. So there is no hood just yet (but there will be).

Nor is there any Quinquifid :cry:

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 01:19 pm 
Guild Member

I plan to make a GoC hood...

I met several of our SL friends in Cavern last night. I figured out how to make a Hood. Screwed that up. Wish we could change hood names. Oh well. I'll try again later this evening.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 03:45 pm 

Devokan hood is now up and running.

My KI number is 181569. Let me know if you would like to join the hood, and I'll sort it out.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 05:24 pm 
Guild Member

I want my Nal av in Devokan. 00 083 543.

Is there some way to send an invitation for a Bevin?

I'm trying to find a way to join people without having to have someone there.

/me wonders off to do some research.