PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 05:45 pm 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
An ending has been written ...

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 01:06 am 
Guild Member
Send private message  WWW  Profile

KI Number: 83543
I have dreadful news. My world is fully engulfed in war. It’s gone nuclear. It has spread across several worlds. Eder D’Uru has apparently been hit by a planet buster. Attempted teleports there fail. We are evacuating The Nation. You may see refugees fleeing through Devokan.

The war has dire implications for Devokan. A decision was made to destroy worlds surrounding the home world, my duty station, which will be obliterated after we evacuate to bottle up the invaders and cut them off from our universe. There’s no gentle way to say; Devokan is one of the ‘surrounding’ worlds … regretfully.

Unless Quin can hide Devokan the invaders will find it and use it for a staging area. Either way it’s lost. Humans and the insectoid enemy cannot co-exist. Unless we find a solution to save Devokan… plan to save as much as you can. The military’s plan gives us about 3 weeks. I may be able to get us another 4 weeks, don’t count on it. Schedule a Devokan wide meeting as soon as possible.

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451
Support: Devokan Trust - Myst Style Stories Across Worlds
Support: OpenUru.org - Myst/Uru Open Source Resources

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 03:19 am 

Nalates wrote:
Unless Quin can hide Devokan the invaders will find it and use it for a staging area.

Quin isn't the only one around here with ideas. I've thought of something we maintainers might be able to do. I will need to check something out with a fellow explorer first.

Though it won't be able to save Devokan itself, it should provide a safe haven for key items such as the KI dispenser, the linking books and the nexus area -- so that they are saved for the community to continue to use.

In the meantime I have alerted the residents of Devokan, and will be assisting them in any way I can to find new homes, should they wish for that.

Wish me luck in my negotiations...

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 03:45 am 

Nalates is holding back here. The situation is described in far more detail in her Devokan journal, including some hints of the technology involved, and the dreadfulness and horror of the fighting she has been through. I will not post it here. Suffice to say, we need to evacuate Devokan as a matter of urgency.

It seems that Nalates hopes that I might be able to find a way to hide Devokan in an out-of-the-way set of dimensions. I cannot -- such a thing is beyond the technology I have access to.

What I can do, though, is perhaps make use of something I have discovered from my Aunt Elspeth's journal. That, and the plan Dot hinted at above, might be enough to save our friends and some of what makes Devokan so precious to us.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 02:53 am 
Guild Member
Send private message  WWW  Profile

KI Number: 83543
I’ve tested the possibility of moving most of the animal life off Devokan.

New Devokan, so far, seems mostly barren of life. I don’t see a problem with moving this life there. Devokan is scheduled for removal soon, tentatively Feb 6 on the Earth calendar. I plan to attempt a mass move of animal life a day or two before.

My equipment can distinguish humans from other forms, so don’t worry you'll get moved. But, if you have any pets move them to your new homes as soon as possible.

I have tried to catch the squee. They can escape my cages after I catch them… they seem to be able to teleport… may be they have some odd hereditary link to the mysterious Barho. I have captured the two squee that got used to me… may be they like me… or more likely the food I spoil them with… greedy little beggars that they are.

Nalates Urriah is my SL and OSGrid name - MOULagain: Nal KI#oo o83 543 - Nalates KI#111451
Support: Devokan Trust - Myst Style Stories Across Worlds
Support: OpenUru.org - Myst/Uru Open Source Resources

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 06:32 am 

That's great news, Nalates.

Paislee has moved her cat, Pepper, to our new home at Winterfell Reverie. Pepper has settled in well, purring away on the bookshelves in the small library Paislee has built close to the shoreline.