Retired Guild Leader
Send private message  WWW  YIM  Profile

KI Number: 57511
Alternate Avie: Nynaveve Wirefly
<see below for topic>

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 11:10 am 
Send private message  Profile

Hi Builders!

Community themed building is a great way to get much accomplished through sharing of ideas, time, and skill sets. It is important to note that working together requires consideration between builders, tact when asked for feedback, and willingness to compromise to improve the entire build. This thread's purpose is to generate a list of guidelines for facilitating ease of working together and becoming a cohesive community of builders. It is anticipated these guidelines may be revisited as we face new building challenges.

As a way of getting the list started, please list any guideline suggestions as replies to this opening statement. Just as "many hands make light work", so too do "many minds create better guidelines!"

Your assistance in creating this list is greatly appreciated!

Paislee

(Hmmm...I think I may have already snuck in a couple suggestions in this post!)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 04:54 pm 
Guild Member

KI Number: 18275
Alternate Avie: jek
/me thinks Miss Paislee is a sneaky lady slipping in those suggestions as she did in the opening post. Oh, wait! I mean sneaky in only the best and most kindest of ways of course, yes that is very true! I swear. Oh no, sorry I didn't mean to swear. I forgot this is a PG only sim. Oh I am getting in so much trouble here. Oh me, oh my.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 05:28 pm 
Retired Guild Leader
Send private message  WWW  YIM  Profile

KI Number: 57511
Alternate Avie: Nynaveve Wirefly
Thanks for starting the thread Paislee. Sorry I didn't get a chance to do so earlier. :)

My input (and pardon me if I'm being blunt here):
    *Compromise: give a little, get a little. If someone needs you to make a change to your build, please consider it. If they ask permission, please consider giving it. In turn, they should respond with the same kindness.
    *Tactical critiques: We appreciate feedback on what we are doing, but please be kind in how you tell us!
    *Ask permission first: Before you move and/or change someone else's piece. That person spent time and energy creating what is sitting there, so be respectful and ask if you may alter it first.

As a side note, I will put the copy/mod privileges on all the pieces I make that I am willing to share. If you can take a copy, please do so! I don't mind at all. But if its not copiable, please ask me first. :)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009, 05:03 am 

KI Number: 0
Here are some more guidelines:

For large structures, please use the community sandbox at 3000m. The Devokan elevator system will take you there if you don't have a landmark.

If you have a personal project that will use more prims than you are currently renting, please pick up the number of free-build packs needed before you get started. You can rent these temporarily for a minimum of two weeks or until the end of the project. Quinquifid and/or Dot can advise on this.