Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 07:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 05:47 am 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
Each couple of months, members of the Devokan community will be working together on a new theme for Discover Devokan, the land next to the main village.

The theme chosen for July is inspired by Channelwood.

Preliminary structures are being prepared in the community building area at 3000m above sea level. While this is taking place, Discover Devokan will remain (relatively) stable, with the puzzle quest intact. However, Quin will need to move his airship to a dock nearer the village (we need to reclaim those precious 230+ prims).

I will be documenting Discover's current state via photos and (possibly) notes -- unless there are other volunteers? Paislee will save the terrain as a RAW file.

I'll leave it to Paislee, Nyn and Alexstrana to report on what they have been doing. All I can say is that I am impressed! :)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009, 03:55 am 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 0
Well, Inspired by Channelwood is up and running, and comments so far are pretty favourable, e.g. http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=296714. A lot of explorers have visited already.

Things we need to do:

Sort out the problem with the spiral stairs.

Look at the Windlight settings for the sim. Nalates suggested a start point of setting Advanced Water to Murky (a standard setting) and tweaking up Atmosphere to use Haze at 0.24 and Haze Density around 2 or 3. This will make the area look even more Myst-like.

Does anyone want to add a simple puzzle quest or treasure hunt? I'm game if you are -- perhaps we could meet up to brainstorm ideas.

One of the visitors (Oberon) has also offered us general help with scripting, being a skilled practitioner in the dark art.